Other astronomy News Aggregators, Reference Pages and Resources
The Portal to the Universe is naturally not the only aggregator for news out there. Here is a list of some of the others, along with some astronomy reference, equipment, and artwork resources:
- http://esciencenews.com/topics/astronomy.space: Updated continuously for the latest space news.
- http://astronomy.fm/: An amateur astronomy community site.
- http://groups.google.com/group/sci.space.news/topics?hl=en&lr=&safe=off: Announcements of space-related news items. (Moderated).
- http://earthsky.org/space: Covering all of science from selected sources: BBC, UPI, Reuters, Discover, msnbc.com.
- http://www.spacetoday.net: Aggregation of mainly space news from primary sources and media coverage.
- http://www.americaspace.org/: New stories daily dealing with manned spaceflight and unmanned missions, as well as aviation, astronomy and space history.
- http://news.oewf.org: Mainly German primary news and media coverage.
- http://www.astrospacenow.com: Astronomy resources aggregator.
- http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/space_time/: Press release aggregator for space topics.
- http://www.spacedaily.com/: Often updated news feed covering space-related news, technology, business and politics.
- http://www.spaceflightnow.com/: Spaceflight press release aggregator.
- http://spaceweather.com/: News source for astronomical and atmospheric phenomena
- http://www.peoplefinders.com/article-people-of-space-astronomy-resources.aspx: A reference page with links to various astronomy topic pages.
- http://www2.astronomicalheritage.net/: Portal to the Heritage of Astronomy. A rich resource that provides a dynamic, publicly accessible database, discussion forum and document repository on astronomical heritage sites throughout the world.
- http://www.surveillance-video.com/outer-space-surveillance-july-2012.html: This "guide to outer space surveillance" offers links to other excellent references about planets, stars, galaxies, black holes and more.
- http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/astronomy.html: An astronomy stock photo resource with over 20,000 photographs and illustrations, plus footage. Visitors can upload their own images to share on the site.
- http://www.gograph.com/stock-photo-images/astronomy.html and http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/astronomy.html: Additional astronomy stock photo outlets with nearly 51,000 images between them.
- http://www.telescopeplanet.co.uk/: A website offering lots of telescopes, eyepieces and accessories to enable and assist with night sky viewing.
- http://www.binoculars-expert.co.uk/: A sister website to TelescopePlanet selling binoculars, including binoculars for astronomy.
- https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/binoculars-for-astronomy.php: A comprehensive and up-to-date guide on binoculars for astronomy.
- http://www.astronomyclubsa.co.za/index.php?p=1: The Astronomy Club South Africa website, a helpful sky-viewing resource.
- http://www.rocketstem.org/: RocketSTEM is a free digital magazine and website devoted to fostering STEM education and promoting the benefits of space exploration.
- http://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/astronomy.html and http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-footage/astronomy.html: Dreamstime is a stock photo and video website, with over 30,000 astronomy-related images and over 750 videos.
- https://jobs.telegraph.co.uk/women-in-space/: The Women in Space database, from Telegraph Jobs, part of The Telegraph newspaper and media group, is an educational and motivational resource detailing women's historic accomplishments in space and profiling women's continued accomplishments in the space industry.
- http://www.barewalls.com/posters-art-prints/space.html: Barewalls.com has, of this writing, more than 1.8 million space-related posters and prints available on its site.
- https://www.freeart.com/art/prints/space/all/: FreeArt.com, as its name implies, offers loads of free online art clips in small sizes, with over 1.9 million space-related results. High-quality art prints are available for $1.99, United States dollars.