This week’s feature is from Dr Nadeshzda Cherbakov, where she tells us about Blackbody Radiation. Dr Ian Musgrave in ’What’s Up Doc?’ tells us what to look for in the sky this week, the gunpowder smell of moondust and its inherent dangers.
In the Astrophiz news this week:
1. A team at the Large Hadron Collider reports a new particle dubbed the Madala boson.
2. The Gaia mission is mapping the nature and movements of a billion stars in the Milky Way.
3. For our aurora watchers, the European Space Agency has solved a problem that was preventing us from closely observing the sun’s corona.
4. Watch the Milky Way’s birth in a lovely Caltech simulation at http://tinyurl.com/astrophizgalaxy
5. Australian OzGRav teams to embrace the new era of gravitational wave astronomy in $31.3M project
6. The venerated Dish at Parkes serves up the answer to one of life’s greatest mysteries with the discovery of the most complex chiral molecules found in space.
Astrophiz 12 via Soundcloud or iTunes: https://soundcloud.com/astrophiz/astrophiz-podcast-12-happy-equinox-dr-nadeshzda-cherbakov-on-blackbody-radiation