Source: Leeward Space Group
Date: May 2013
Space Solar Power Web Bites 5/18 - From Martin Leitgab with his permission:
"Work continues despite insurmountable odds, lack of funding the coming new age green nuclear revolution" - DRS Rant 2.4567.25.2013a
- The White House Space Solar Power petition accumulated 1445 signatures.
- An overview report (175 pages) of WPT and SSP was released: http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n3cv77/analyzing
- For the first time in recorded history, the daily average of measured CO2 in Hawaii and San Diego reached 400ppm CO2 (5/10): http://researchmatters.noaa.gov/news/Pages/CarbonDioxideatMaunaLoareaches400ppm.aspx
- P. Jaffe, working at NRL on SSP sandwich prototyping, published an IEEE paper about his work:
P. Jaffe, Energy Conversion and Transmission Modules for Space Solar Power
Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, Issue 6, p. 1424, DOI 10.1109/JPROC.2013.2252591
- on 4/8, Russian engineering students visited Texas A&M and obtained a lecture in WPT from Dr. Little: http://serc.tamu.edu/tag/solar-power-beaming/
- University of Southern California students performed a senior project designing a SSP station:http://viterbivoices.usc.edu/emily/saving-the-world-space-solar-power/
- Also during the spring semester, GAtech students fabricated a functioning end-to-end SSP table-top model, under Prof. Durgin- great work (contact D. Preble for more info and pictures/material).
- The 2nd SSP international student and young ...