I finally got around to sorting out the Moonlight focuser I attempted to fit to my 12″ reflector many, many moons a go and get the collimation sorted so I could start using the scope again this Sunday just gone. It was fairly straight forward in the end, and I even got to play around with the CATSEYE collimation tools I bought even longer a go than the focuser disaster.
I can definitely see how well the sight tube works for aligning the secondary mirror, and even though I was confused by its use on Sunday, after having thought about the issue I had since, I can see where the confusion came from and hopefully the weather will cooperate sometime soon and I can have another attempt at getting things spot on!
I didn’t attempt to use the autocollimator as the issues I had with the sight tube meant I had an “open system” and the images in the autocollimator were not dark enough as a consequence. I got the collimation as close as I could with a 1.25″ Cheshire and Laser and called it a morning.
Because the weather forecast for Sunday evening was favourable I left the scope ...