1. THANKS. First of all, thanks to all the many people who have
sent me congratulatory emails or texts about my award of The
British Empire Medal.
2. SUMMER SOLSTICE. The Sun will reach its most Northerly
point in the Sky on June 21 at 07.03, marking midsummer.
3. ISS: NO longer visible from Ireland until the latter part of
July. The Shenzhou and Einstein ATV supply vehicles have
successfully docked with it.
4. TV PROGRAMME ON SUN & ECLIPSE: The BBC are showing
"The Secret Life of the Sun" at 20.00hrs 23rd June on BBC 2.
5. Noctilucent Clouds: We are now in the season for NLCs. Andy
McCrea & Paul Evans got some superb images, look on the IAA
6. NEW ASTRONOMY SHOP IN DUBLIN
7. SMILE FOR SATURN: On July 19, 2013, NASA’s Cassini
spacecraft will photograph Saturn and its entire ring system
during a total eclipse of the sun.
7A: IAA SATURN EVENT, 19 JULY
8. SOLARFEST 2013, DUNSINK: Saturday, June 29th.