1. IAA PUBLIC LECTURE: The next IAA Public Lecture is a double
bill. Andy McCrea and Terry Moseley will report on their
successful trip to Australia to observe the Total Solar Eclipse,
and David Collins will give a talk, based on his new book,
entitled "The Star of Bethlehem". It will be on December 12, at
2. AWESOME UNIVERSE, at ARMAGH PLANETARIUM
3. Public Lecture: "From here to Infinity: Gravity and the
Cosmos" by Professor (Lord) Martin Rees, Baron Rees of
Ludlow, O.M., F.R.S. Friday 7 December, MacNeill Lecture
Theatre 3, Hamilton Building, TCD
4. Venus, Mercury and Moon: conjunction. On Dec 11, Venus and
Mercury will be joined by a thin waning crescent moon, lying
just to the right of Venus.
5. ISS: The International Space Station will commence another
series of evening passes over Ireland on December 13.
6. Good Prospects for Geminid Meteors: The Geminids will peak
at about 19h on 13 December.
7. IAA New Year Party. This will be held on Saturday 5 January,
at McBrides restaurant in Comber.