Armagh Public Library and Armagh Observatory have begun a
joint project for the conservation of part of their heritage. The
two institutions, founded by Archbishop Richard Robinson in
1771 and 1789 respectively, have obtained funding from the
Landfill Communities Fund to raise interest in and awareness of
their nationally significant museum collections, dating back
more than 200 years. The project will also help to preserve the
collections and make them more easily and widely accessible.